The power of your Gift.
Every gift to TPN makes a difference in our operation and enhances our mission of helping victims of violence regain their lives. You can help!
- $1,000-$5,000 will provide for child and family activities or be a sponsor in an event like Steppin' Up Against Violence.
- $1,000 will provide a 40-hour training for up to 8 volunteers who staff the crisis and support line evenings, weekend and holidays OR operate the shelter for one month.
- $500 will pay for a training for up to 40 law enforcement officers in Sullivan County on the issues of violence, the statutes that provide relief for victims.
- $250-$350 will help pay for pagers and the 24-hour answering service for one month, the foundation of our 24-hour crisis and support line.
- $100 will provide six weeks of support and crisis intervention for a survivor of stalking, domestic violence, or sexual assault.
- $50 will provide one night's stay, emergency services, advocacy, support, food and transportation for a family residing in the emergency shelter.
- $35 will provide court advocacy to a survivor in need of an emergency restraining order.
A Culture of Caring and Sharing
Annual Giving is the foundation of all philanthropy for Turning Points Network. Annual gifts help the organization in so many ways from paying bills in the shelter to operational expenses. This unrestricted fund gives the organization flexibility to meet unforeseen demands on services, or other expenses or repairs that were not planned. Every gift is important to TPN and every gift, large or small, makes a difference.
Corporate Giving Your company may sponsor a matching gift program that matches dollar for dollar an employee's gift to TPN. Check with your human resources department to see if they offer this employee benefit. Company gifts are welcomed as it is a way for a company to sponsor TPN either through making a corporate gift, employees joining together to give or organizing a collection drive, or supporting Steppin' Up Against Violence, the annual walk/run event. Look for our news about our sponsorship opportunities in the weeks to come.
The United Way Turning Points Network receives funds from the Sullivan County United Way. You can designate your gift to the United Way each year to TPN.
Special Gifts TPN has special events where you can give to support the organization's programs or restrict your gift to the support of the Claremont or Newport Offices. If you have an idea about a special gift to support a specific activity, or event, please call us to discuss how you or your business or organization can get involved. Click here to view our wishlist.
TPN is also a participant in the GIVE A CAR or BOAT program. It is simple and easy to give a car, a boat, an ATV, a motorcycle, jet ski, snowmobile, or a motor home to TPN. TPN chose donationline.com to act as our agent in receiving these gifts. You make the donation to them, and they in turn, pay TPN a percentage of the value of the item. Click here to get started. Or you can call 877-227-7487.
In-Kind Gifts Gifts of real estate, equipment, furnishings, office equipment, collectibles or other tangible property may make wonderful and useful gifts to TPN. Gifts in kind are generally defined as non-cash donations and should be reported at the fair market value to the IRS.
You can donate phones, ink or laser cartridges to TPN. Your old cell phone, your printer's ink or laser cartridges, even old radar detectors can be donated to Turning Points Network as an in-kind gift. Used devices, cartridges and ink are either reused in our office, refurbished, or recycled with the proceeds going to TPN. You can feel good about helping TPN financially, as well as knowing that your old electronics will be reused or recycled in an environmentally friendly way. Donate directly to TPN or organize your own drive and donate the proceeds. We can help you with promotional materials and prepaid shipping labels. Contact Jennifer at 603-543-0155 for details.
Program Investments Endowment gifts are crucial for the future of TPN as they create income for the future. To learn more about how you can transform TPN and help create an endowment, call our Executive Director.
Memorial or Honorarium Gifts Any gift you give to TPN may be made in memory or in honor of someone who is special to you. In Honor of gifts made be made for someone's special occasion like a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or special event. Memorial gifts may be designated to Annual Giving, one of the most valuable ways to give to TPN, or to another purpose. Please be sure to indicate the name and address of the person/s we should notify of your thoughtful contribution. TPN will notify your friend or relative of the gift made in their honor in in their memory.
You may also choose to list TPN as a recipient of memorial gifts in the obituary of a loved one. Here’s a sample of language you may use: “In lieu of flowers, gifts may be made to Turning Points Network, 11 School Street, Claremont, NH 03743. You can make a memorial/in honor of gift online, using a credit card, or by phone, or send a check to TPN at our mailing address.
Planned Giving or Bequests: A Gift of Permanence Is TPN in your Will? Supporters of TPN who remember the agency in their will with bequests and life income gifts is a great way to leave a legacy. It is a also a significant way to ensure that TPN's services will be available for future generations. There a number of ways that you can include TPN in your estate plans.
You can leave a fixed amount of money or stock or indicate a percentage of your estate that will be given to TPN. You may want to discuss your wishes with your financial advisers. Here is some suggested language for your will.I, __________ give ____________________(describe what you are giving here) to Turning Points Network, 11 School Street, Claremont, NH, 03743 a 501(c)(3)organization under New Hampshire laws for its general purposes.
To learn more about legacy giving, charitable gift annuities, or leaving a portion of your estate to TPN, please call our office and ask for the Executive Director.
Here are the WAYS TO GIVE:
- Make a gift online at our secure website. Major credit cards are accepted through First Giving. We can only process VISA and MasterCard at our offices.
- Send a check to our office. Our mailing address is Turning Points Network, 11 School Street, Claremont, NH 03743. Please make checks payable to Turning Points Network.
- Become a monthly donor. Help TPN and victims of violence every month by giving on your credit or debit card. We will charge your card until you notify us to stop. This saves the agency costs of mailings and makes it easier for you to always be supporting the organization. You choose when the amount of your gift, and when to start. We’ll take care of the rest. A gift of $20 per month is a year long commitment of $240...a wonderful gift that will do so much good.
- Call us with your credit card gift. 603-542-8838 or 800-639-3130. We'll take your information and process your gift that day. We accept VISA and MasterCard in our offices.
- $500 will provide anti-bullying and anti-harassment programs, healthy relationships and violence prevention to grades 2 through 8 to help reduce violence among kids. OR
- Provide an eight week support group for up to ten survivors of domestic violence, including transportation and childcare.
- $250-$350 will offer health relationships, sexual assault and gender equity programs to students in grades 9 through 12 to help prevent relationship and peer violence.
- $100 will support an emergency fund for survivors.
Your gifts to TPN have an immediate impact on people who are in crisis. Every gift large or small is appreciated and makes a difference in people's lives. What can your gift do?